Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Submission for rec-music-gaffa

From: harvard!munsell!pac@seismo.CSS.GOV (Paul Czarnecki)
Date: 21 May 87 19:01:58 GMT
Subject: Submission for rec-music-gaffa
Responding-System: pinney.munsell.UUCP

From: pac@munsell.UUCP (Paul Czarnecki)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Gee, do I HAVE to put a subject, mom?
Date: 21 May 87 19:01:57 GMT

>Can you tell me what the album "You're the Man I Want To Share My Money With"
>actually is?
>
>-D~J
>dk24@andrew.cmu.edu

What do you want to know?

It is a double album set on the Giorno Poetry Systems Label.  It has a
side of John Giorno, a side of William Burroughs, a side of Laurie
Anderson, and a side containing 3 concentric spirals each of which has
a shorter piece or pieces by each of them individually.

Burroughs reads from several of his works.

Giorno "performs" his "poetry".  He has to be heard to be believed.

Anderson plays several selections.  It is interesting to hear her
earlier sound.  When you don't have the money for ton$ of $ynthe$izer$
you get a different sound.  It is nice to hear that her talent doesn't
live in the hardware.

Recommended to serious Anderson fans.  Might be hard to find.

If you want more information, drop me a line.

				I don't neeed
				I don't want it
				And you cheated me out of it!

					pZ
--
           Paul Czarnecki -- USENET, It's not just a job, but an adventure.
	{{harvard,ll-xn}!adelie,{decvax,allegra,talcott}!encore}!munsell!pz