Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

in out in out in

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Sat, 16 May 87 17:36:56 EDT
Subject: in out in out in

This is the official narration in KB's "Breathing" as printed in the
KBC newsletter.  I believe that the narration was composed by John
Carder Bush.

	In point of fact it is possible to tell the difference between
	a small nuclear explosion and a large one by a very simple
	method.  The calling card of a nuclear bomb is the blinding
	flash that is far more dazzling than any light on earth --
	brighter even than the sun itself -- and it is by the duration
	of this flash that we are able to determine the size of the
	weapon.  After the flash a fireball can be seen to rise,
	sucking up under it the debris, dust and living things around
	the area of the explosion and as this ascends it soon becomes
	recognizable as the familiar Mushroom Cloud.  As a
	demonstration of the flash duration test lets try and count
	the number of seconds for the flash emitted by a very small
	bomb: ... Then a more substantial medium sized bomb: ...  And
	finally one of our very powerful high yield bombs.