Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

ADRIAN BELEW!!!!!!!

From: amdcad!tymix!nancyh@decwrl.DEC.COM (Nancy Holt)
Date: 13 May 87 09:05:33 GMT
Subject: ADRIAN BELEW!!!!!!!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Onc again, this is Paul, not Nancy.

I just returned from the Bears featuring Adrian Belew show at One Step
Beyond.  IT WAS INCREDIBLE!

I had by far and away the MOST fun I've ever had at a live show.
It was GREAT! The band was GREAT! The audience was GREAT! (Except for one
guy who was shouting about Robert Fripp.  He got booed for that.)
Booed?

I was right against the stage, and um...

Okay, I can't think of a conclusion to that, so I'll go on.
The band were having a great time up there and the audience was very energetic
GAA!!! I cannot think now, sorry.

Ooops.

We had them come out for three or four encores, the last of which included
Purple Haze.  Gee.

Afterwards, we hung around the back door and shook everyboy's hands.

A friend of mine got Adrian to sign a 10 in. sleeve of his.
(sorry about all the linefeeds, my thoughts are rather scattered and
I tend to put linefeeds between thoughts.)
The show included a few tunes from _Lone Rhino_, some from the Bear's
new album, which I am dying to get now, Elephant Talk (From King Crimson)
Laughing Man, and some other stuff probably.

INCREDIBLE!!!

The best show I've been to.

"Dem's my peoples!" -Bob, the bassist.