Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

NETwork (the 2nd USENET cassette) THE PORTAL IS CLOSING

From: uwvax!astroatc!gtaylor@seismo.CSS.GOV (Mr. Sharkey....white courtesy phone, please)
Date: 12 May 87 18:12:01 GMT
Subject: NETwork (the 2nd USENET cassette) THE PORTAL IS CLOSING
Newsgroups: rec.music.misc, rec.music.classical, rec.music.folk, rec.music.gaffa

I am past the first side and counting down to the final dubbing on
"NETwork: the 2nd USENET cassette." It is time to get that stuff in
the mail, my friends. I will cease taking tapes when the first one
arrives that adds up to that full second side. This is going to be
pretty interesting, I think (and I ought to know, since I've heard
all of it): you can look forward to Rob Rosen, David Elliot, Valerie
Polichar, Paul Boutin, James Hofmann, Roger Reid, Randy Winchester,
David Zicarelli, Steven Curtin, Thomas Janzen, Warren Sirota, Jim
Binkley, S. Wessling, Pat Waara, Ranjit Padmanabhan, Bob Neumann,
and (cough) probably me or my Balkan stunt double.

I'm still watching my mailbox and figuring that you'll also be hearing
from (maybe) Glen Little, Chris Koenigsberg, Paul Kirsch, Ken Perlow,
Brad Benton and others too numerous to mention. Time is short my friends,
and the *only* part about this task of compilation I *really* hate is
facing the possibility of not including someone. SO......TIME IS OF THE
ESSENCE. Get that 4 minute thingie in the mail POSThaste. G. Taylor,
602 Russell Street, Madison, WI 53704.

Oh yes. I *do* happen to have found a cache of the FIRST net tape.
There are precisely 13 of them, and if you'd like one, drop me a line
via mail. It is possible that Jim Joyce's UNIX bookstore may still have
a couple of them that he picked up at USENIX last year. Check with him,
too.

Tempus Fugit,
Greg

--
the reach of the arm.                   Gregory Taylor Astronautics
the sweep of the eye.                   5800 Cottage Grove Rd. Madison