Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Neil Calton <nbc@vd.rl.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 May 87 14:14:49 -0100

>From: IED0DXM%UCLAMVS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu
>Subject: " 'ere now, aye now, wot's all this there 'ere now?"
>the West Coast Love-Hounds Laser-disk
>party is definitely happening on Friday, May 22nd,
>beginning at 8 p.m.
>All of Kate's videos will be shown.. Refreshments, too!

Cor blimey IED, you aint 'arf a generous geezer, if me
old bike didn't 'ave a puncture I'd be over 'fore you could say
"pity about Freddie Laker".

>Sender: Paul Benjamin <Benjamin@HIS-PHOENIX-MULTICS.ARPA>
>Saturday's (05/09) Saturday Night Live will be Suzanne Vega.

Just bought Solitude Standing which, although very good, seems to
lack some of the sparkle that the first album had. Perhaps it is
because some of the songs are familiar from the concerts.
Personally, I would have liked to see Left of Center on the CD (and album)
rather than the rather twee instrumental version of Tom's Diner which
is tagged onto the end  of the album. I don't feel inclined to buy
the CD single of LoC which costs six pounds over here.

In the absence of any hard KB news, some rather tame trivia: the jolly chaps
at Q Magazine have compiled a top 20 chart of 'Bedsit' albums. Number 1 is
Leonard Cohen's "Songs from a Room" and at number 14 they put "The Kick Inside"
which is described thus: "1978 debut by a flower child out of time. Far out".