Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Neil Calton <nbc@vd.rl.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 May 87 11:19:49 -0100

Buzzcocks:
>From: hsu%uicsrd.CSRD.UIUC.EDU@a.cs.uiuc.edu (William Tsun-Yuk Hsu)
>Pete Shelley was the lead singer for the Buzzcocks. He and fellow
>Buzzcock wrote some of the greatest songs to come out of the late
>'70s punk scene.

>From: rs@mirror.TMC.COM (Rich Salz)
>Also, wasn't Howard Devoto a member of the band, too?

The original Buzzcocks were John Maher, Steve Diggle, Pete Shelley and
Howard Devoto. They release the "Spiral Scratch" EP on the New Hormones label.
Devoto subsequently left the band to form Magazine who had one notable hit
with "Shot by both sides". The Buzzcocks then released a host of excellent
singles on the UA label, beginning with "Orgasm Addict" and including "What do
I get", "I don't mind", "Ever fallen in love", "Promises", "Everybody's happy
nowadays" and "Love you more" ( my collection fades out here). Sadly, they
made little impact on the charts. I could include some of their stuff on the
compilation tape if there was sufficient interest. Talking of which ...

How about geographical sub-groups for tapes e.g. West Coast, East Coast,
GB, Europe, Australia etc. Of course this requires some organisational
genius to set-up and the tape is already circulating ... but
it's just a suggestion.

Be seeing you.