Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Small bit on Shelley/Buzzcocks

From: munnari!banana.cs.uq.OZ!qed2@seismo.CSS.GOV (Pope Snodgrass IX)
Date: 5 May 87 00:57:38 GMT
Subject: Re: Small bit on Shelley/Buzzcocks
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: munnari!uqcspe.OZ!root@seismo.CSS.GOV

>                                                      "A Different
>Kind of Tension."  This was their penultimate album, I think

No. It was there third and last (non-compilation) album.  It is quite wonderful.
Their second album "Love Bites" has some really great pop on it, too.

>(One line from the chorus was "homo superior / in my interior".)  Is
>this true?

It's in the verses somewhere.

>Also, wasn't Howard Devoto a member of the band, too?

When they first started, HD was a member (he sang, helped write songs
and played guitar).  Then he left, vowing never to have
anything to do with music again.  18 months later, he returned in Magazine.

Hope this helps,

Ron.