[Message Prev] [Message Next] [Date Index]
[Love & Anger] [Gaffaweb]

stuff

>Really-From: hofmann@nrl-css.arpa (James B. Hofmann)

>The FCC ought to make a set of rules outlawing people on payrolls to record
>companies to run non-commercial radio stations.

Unfortunately the FCC has better things to do like make sure born-again
Christians do not get offended when somebody says "shit" on the radio. :-)
(Actually the FCC seems pretty laidback when compared to some of the
other federal agencies.)

>Really-From: rutgers!sevp@pwcs.StPaul.GOV (Sev Pearman)

>fIREHOSE/Descendants 3/25

So we weren't the only ones to get Descendents after fIREHOSE. Oh well...
Descendents found out they were playing here like the nite before the
gig. They were great fun... of course the local campus rag ("we suck but
we're the campus paper so we'll charge 25 cents anyway") gave them a
bad review because they were, ahem, "hardcore".

New Controlled Bleeding/Maybe Mental split lp from Placebo (these guys
are really getting into the industrial music scene with the two Dry
Lungs comps and this thing) is uneven. The CB side is very vocally
oriented with chorus over synth-strings and ostinato bass. Ends with
an industrial dance (!) cut. The Maybe Mental side is much stronger with
the scratchy, grinding stuff that I like. If Lemos (Controlled Bleeding)
is going to continue in this direction (mellowing out to ambient/
meditation music in his middle age) he should change the name to something
more appropriate like, ummm, Controlled Wyndham Hill? :-) He's still
quite a distance from wimpout new age music tho.

Bill

P.S. to Tom Erbe: I can't get mail to your machine...

[Gaffaweb] [Love-Hounds Archives]