[Message Prev] [Message Next] [Date Index]
[Love & Anger] [Gaffaweb]

Backwards messages

Does one send to love-hounds, or love-hounds-request?  Arrgh!

Having just acquired an inexpensive quad cassette deck this week, I immediately
put on my copy of HoL backwards to see if I could discover any clue to what IED
is trying to figure out in the backwards track on "Watching you without Me".
One thing I found is that the backing tracks "You can't hear me, etc." are
acually saying "You can't hear me" backwards in those sections near the end
of the song where you can't understand what they say (in the section with the
"choppy" vocals ("Help me baby..."?)).
Only thing I could figure out about the "mystery" track is the first few words
sound (to me) like "Don't need no symphony being there" (phonetically speaking),
and the last 4 words really DO sound like "knocking us, knocking us".

Oh well.  So much for my first posting here.

                               Erik Olson <eolson@hmcvax.bitnet>
                                          <eolson@muddcs.uucp>

[Gaffaweb] [Love-Hounds Archives]