Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

info request-Johnson's an Lime Spiders

From: ihnp4!inuxc!tconn@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU
Date: 5 Feb 87 07:56:33 EST (Thu)
Subject: info request-Johnson's an Lime Spiders
Newsgroups: mod.music.gaffa

I was rumaging thru the local bins the other day noticed
a group on Big-Time called the Johnsons. Has anyone got
any info on the artists or the album? Also, the Lime Spiders
have an album out circa '84 or '85, I can't remember. Is
this one of the australian splinter groups from Radio Birdman?
Has anyone purchased the new Stranglers album? Are they still
making fun albums to listen to? This is my first posting to
this group, and any suggestions or responses from the net
world would be appreciated. The radio stations, or lack of
them, here in Indianapolis, leave a lot to be desired. Plus
a lousy choice of alternative record stores. We have a couple
of decent ones, Second Time Around (used albums, alternatives,
great slash and gash movies) Tracks Records, and Rockin' Billys
(great used albums and 45's). Give a listen to a great compilation
called "The Mad Scene". Everything from mild thrash to ballads.
Anyone heard Commander Cody's new album "Rock and Roll"? His
last album on Peter Pan Records, "Lose it Tonight", is a killer.
Straight ahead R & R. Is Joe Ely still recording. I haven't seen
anything since "Hi Res". Great Stuff. I'm rambling, got to go.