Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Message from A. Marvick re IED

From: rutgers!uwvax!astroatc!gtaylor (Ou sont les neiges d'antan?)
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 87 11:04:18 CST
Subject: Re: Message from A. Marvick re IED
Newsgroups: mod.music.gaffa

Now that andrew has put this role-playing nonsense back in the D&D
box where it belongs, let's get on with this business of acting like
real people and being righteously offended by jim "shredded slime"
hofmann's interview with the Aryan bikers. Nothing like a wall of
guitars to write *your message here*. Nothing quite so uncomfortable
as *real* pluralism. No editorializing by our interviewer, either
(and the article is somewhat the better for it, I think). Just words
and actions to fit into the frame-theirs or yours.

I know a bunch of you would only play this in elevators, but there's
a great Japanese recording of Cage's prepared piano on Denon CD out
that might be worth hunting up. Roger Miller it ain't (he's got an
EP due out soon, methinks), but this Takahashi guy plays well.

Oh yes-the SOnic Youth CD is just the thing for playing REALLY loud.
No annoying clicks or pops. Just that wall of turgid oatmeal....

--
a Torn grAy alleGory/arGoT or Any allergy/or gAyly Garner a loT/lArry
ran aT Geology/GrAnary reaTty logo/no lATeral Gray gyro/no loyAl Gray