Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sat In Your Lap

From: drukman%UMass.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU (Jonathan S. Drukman)
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 87 22:58:51 EST
Subject: Sat In Your Lap

IED recently said something to the effect that "sat in your
lap has more than you can comfortably absorb in three minutes"
in opposition to a statement that ran something like "it was
too short for three minutes..."
I would agree with the original poster - "Sat In Your Lap"
could run for 15 minutes, with 10 of those merely the drum
track and it still wouldn't be enough!  Maybe IED can live
with three minutes as the perfect length for covering the
profound statement Kate is making, and I would agree that
"Sat In Your Lap" as it is is a striking piece of music, but
one of these days I'll get access to her master tapes and make
a recording of ten minutes of those striking drums, which convey
as much of a message in themselves as the rest of the tracks
put together!

jon drukman
"your trust - the most gorgeously stupid thing I ever cut in
 the world"
--the cure, "a night like this"