Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

All this KBS

From: rhr@osupyr.UUCP (Robert Robinson)
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 87 11:50:35 est
Subject: All this KBS
Newsgroups: mod.music.gaffa

     So far, Ive listened to all the Kate Bush music I could get hold of. This
is no small amount. I went through this to try to see why so many of you
mod.music.gaffians were singing the praises of this person. All I have to say
now is "C'mon, get a life!!" This "four octave range inspirational and
totally mind blowing singing wonder" is one of the most overrated artists to
come down the pike. I tried so hard to see what you see, (even got hold of
a concert videotape, the Experiment V video, and the Running Up That Hill video),
but it's just not there. As a singer, she's marginal at best, and as a
redefining force, nonexistant.

    I know at this point that you're assuming that I have never left the
sheltered top 40 pop music world, and my naive ears just couldn't
understand true genious if it hit me over the head, but my intrests run from
Brahms, through BB King, to Butthole Surfers. I am a bass player who has played
everything from the Dregs to the Dreaded Ones, including Dvorak. If you feel
that there is anything that might shed some light on why Kate Bush is such
rated such a wonderful singers, please inform.

			Good Luck With It,

*  "Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy' until you can find a rock."*
*  Gaelan the Slightly Confused, King of the Undefined.                    *
*  Contact at  (insert path here)!cbogsd!osupyr!rhr                        *
*  "Its the squeaky wheel that gets the grease,                            *
*   But its the quacking duck that gets shot"                              *
*  System Operator (believe it or not) @                                   *
*  OSUPYR @ Ohio State University                                          *
*  Any letters will be duly read, and quickly dismissed as frivolous.      *