Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Regarding some trivia

From: William LeFebvre <phil@rice.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 86 17:18:53 CST
Subject: Re: Regarding some trivia

>Ed Simpson <evs%duke.csnet@RELAY.CS.NET> said:
> I heard there is a new Peter Gabriel single coming out with Don't Give Up
> on the A-side and Peter's re-mix of Excellent Birds (Laurie Anderson) on
> the B-side (he's calling it something else - the title slips my mind).

The exact title is "This is the picture (excellent birds)".
I.e.: "excellent birds" is the subtitle.

You people may already know this, but here is another piece of info.
regarding "Excellent Birds":  Gabriel's version (mix) can be found on
the 9th track of the CD release of "So", even though the song does not
appear on the vinyl.  I heard a rumor that it also appears as the last
song on the cassette version, but who ever buys those anyway?

			William LeFebvre
			Department of Computer Science
			Rice University
			<phil@Rice.edu>