Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Regarding some trivia

From: Kathy Morris <morris@navajo.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 86 23:21:54 PST
Subject: Re: Regarding some trivia
Newsgroups: mod.music.gaffa

In article <339.phil.titan@Rice> William LeFebvre <phil@rice.edu> writes:
[discussion about 'This is the picture']

>regarding "Excellent Birds":  Gabriel's version (mix) can be found on
>the 9th track of the CD release of "So", even though the song does not
>appear on the vinyl.  I heard a rumor that it also appears as the last
>song on the cassette version, but who ever buys those anyway?

Ok, I'll admit it: I bought the cassette version of SO.  CD players are
a bit out of my price range...  not to mention the cost of CDs (I'm
only a grad student, after all).  Normally I buy the record and tape it
(for my own use, of course :-).  Given the variety of music available
on cassettes compared to that available on CD, I'd rather have a good
tape deck than a CD player.

[BTW, the cassette does contain the extra track]

	Kathy Morris
	(morris@navajo.stanford.edu; ...!decwrl!glacier!navajo!morris)