Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: i'm sorry if i beg to differ

From: wicinski <wicinski@nrl-cst.arpa>
Date: 25 Oct 1986 1648-EDT (Saturday)
Subject: Re: i'm sorry if i beg to differ

>Really-From: Jim dink <dink@nrl-css.arpa>

>but Elvis Costello is "mainstream" rock and so is Pete Gabbyreal and even,
>yes, after "running up dat hill", kate bush.
>come on... mr "flame on" - they get "mainstream" mersh play - they get on
>mtv - they are "mainstream" rock.

hey then by that token half japanese, black flag, minutemen, henry
rollins,  and clitia lunch are mainstream artists.

don't listen to hofmann - he's a dink.  he is right, elvis is on
columbia, therefore he is mainstream.  he sucks their dicks, and they
release his records.

"No more tough guy shit/I hear your mommy call, ohh ohh" -Embrace