Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: New stuff: ... / Joe Jackson

From: jordan@ucbarpa.Berkeley.EDU (Jordan M. Hayes)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 86 15:00:35 PDT
Subject: Re: New stuff: ... / Joe Jackson

	From: Henry Mensch <henry@ATHENA.MIT.EDU>

	>> When the people came into the auditorium for the show, they
	>> were handed a handwritten note (or copies) asking them to keep
	>> absolutely quiet until each song was completely finished.

	I don't think a performer has a right to inflict such bullshit
	on an audience; if he wanted to have quiet he should record in
	a studio.

The last time I saw Joe (body-n-soul) there were a few times he was
singing with no music, and Graham Maby shushed the audience, because
they were screaming "play look sharp!!" ... sometimes Joe just wants to
sing.

	-- Henry / <henry@athena.mit.edu>

WOW! Henry -- you didn't sign "Henri" ...!!!

/jordan

ps: by the way, does anyone know if Joe and Graham are lovers?
    enquiring minds want to know!