Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: whizzo (David Hardy)
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 86 10:35:28 EDT

> As for Gone to Earth, are you refering to BJH's (those of you under 27 can
> ponder that acronym for~r awhile).  If so, I wasw in touch with a guy
> who does purchasing for Tower in LA and there is apparently some sort of
> deal being made with bothg Polydor and MCA in which a collectors LP of BJH's
> stuff will be releasaed.  Since, they figure that the big hits will do well
> in a new generation, there is talk of a cd compilation.  As I hear it, much
> will come froim Gone to Earth (including, Love is Like a Violin, Poor Man's
> Moody Blues, Spirit on the Water, Hard HGearted Wowman and Take me Higher).

If by BJH you are referring to Barclay James Harvest, (and I assume you are
since you mentioned Taking Me Higher), they already have several albums out on
CD.  The only one I'm familiar with now is "Live Tapes" which contains
"Taking Me Higher", "Crazy City", "Suicide" and several others (it's a two CD
package).  I've seen a few other albums of theirs at local CD outlets.

Actually, being 26, I'm not old enough to remember BJH when they were first out
but I heard "Suicide" on WAER-FM back in Syracuse a few years ago, and it
struck me enough to remember it.  (WAER has since joined the fate of WHJU or
whatever it was, that went to an NPR Jazz/News type format (oh no, it's
spreading...).  Actually I have nothing against jazz but not when it replaces
the few alternative music outlets available.  Anyway, I just happened on "Live
Tapes" last year, and have since seen other albums.

I mentioned BJH on this net a few months ago, but nobody at that point had
heard of them.  If there's any interest, I can find out what's available on CD.
Oh yeah, if there's more than one BJH out there than this message will self
destruct.
                                                 >>> Dave
                                        "Felt a hand on my shoulder
                                         Heard a voice shout 'Just in time!'"