Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: A Company of KTs

From: Paul Benjamin <Benjamin@MULTICS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 86 13:52 MST
Subject: Re: A Company of KTs
Sender: Paul Benjamin <Benjamin@HIS-PHOENIX-MULTICS.ARPA>

The Knights Templar exist today.  It is one of the many organizations
within Masonry.  There are two paths that a Freemason can take on his
way to becoming a Shriner and one is through the Scottish Rite (becoming
a member of a Commandry of Knights Templar), while the other is through
the York Rite, of which I know little.  I know this stuff because my
father belonged.  All sort of hokey but the Knights Templar have spiffy
outfits with swords and such.