Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

K-T-shirts; KriTique of _Lionheart_ pressing.

From: Joe Turner <cutter%umass-boston.csnet@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 86 22:32:24 edt
Subject: K-T-shirts; KriTique of _Lionheart_ pressing.

I was thinking of a design more along one side only... but that's personal
preference.

Costs change depending on what type of shirt you ask for -- after being
around science-fiction conventions, which are notorious for t-shirt-mania,
the consensus I've found is that Haynes Beefy-T's are the best t-shirts to
use for silkscreen printing. This is the type of shirt being used for the
SF-Lover's t-shirt, which costs $6 - $8, depending on size. Costs will also
change depending on how carefully you ask them to check the shirts. It will
also change for double-sided printing. You can expect to pay no more than
$10 for an excellant quality, single-sided t-shirt, possibly in two colors.
(I'd rather go for three-color printing, but two-color is more economical)

As for a design, I was thinking of something more general and simple. The
front of the shirt would be:

                __________
 _____________/            \_____________
|					 |
| 	      ______________             |
 ----------+       |    /     +----------
           |  K    |  /    B  |
           |       |/         |
           |  A    |\      U  |
           |       |  \       |
           |  T    |    \  S  |
           |                  |
	   |  E		   H  |
	   |__________________|

The words "Kate Bush" could either be in "Hounds of Love" calligraphy, or,
as someone suggested, in "Kick Inside" lettering.

On the back, in "Hounds of Love" calligraphy, would be:

                   ___________
  _______________/             \_______________
| 	                                        |
| 	                                        |
  ---------+          LOVE          +----------
           |         HOUNDS         |
           |                        |
           |                        |
           | love-hounds@mit-eddie  |
           |                        |
	   | 'the pull of the bush' |
	   | 		            |
	   |________________________|

Additional suggestions: remove the net address and make the KT logo in
dot-matrix form? The quote from "The Dreaming" also seemed quite ap-
propriate...

In regards to a gathering... the summer *is* nearing the end (like, a
month until college starts back up), so it should be soon. Boston is
quite far from anywhere, so I was thinking, NYC? DC? Philly? Some
major area like that...  Andy Marvick, maybe we can contribute a few
bucks and fly/bus/train you out here... or get in a car with some
other Californians and make the trek! (Let's be a tad unrealistic, why
don't we?) I know - let's all meet in the geographic center of the
country!  Better yet, let's all fly to the UK and have a get-together
with the Bush family! ("Like, party at Kate's house, her folks are away for
the weekend...!") But seriously, how prohibitively expensive would it be
for people to get to the east coast?

Other KaTe stuff: I recently picked up the US pressing of "Lionheart". DANGER!
DANGER WILL ROBINSON! What a horrible pressing! The sound is PITIFUL - very
fuzzy and crackly, and there was even a dimple in the record at the beginning
of "In the Warm Room". I returned the thing to Newbury Comics, and got another.
Same problems! Blech. Stupid me for not buying import. AVOID AMERICAN PRESSINGS
OF _LIONHEART_!!!! Talking to the clerk, I understand there are many returns of
_Lionheart_ due to imperfections. Let's go firebomb an EMI-America record
plant, then they'll have to build a newer (better?) one...

Later.

				Save your parity bits for big cash prizes!
						Joe

|PAPER: Joe Turner, 329 Ward Street, Newton Centre MA 02159          |
|CSNET: cutter@umass-boston    | Life in the so-called space age... ||
|UUCP : {decvax,ima,linus,sri-unix}!cca!ringwld!cutter               |