Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Twelve Days of Katemas

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 86 05:44:31 EDT
Subject: The Twelve Days of Katemas

As you all know, tomorrow, July 30th is that holiest of holidays:
Katemas.  In fact, it is the 28th Katemas.  I hope that you will all
join me now in singing a Katemas karol, in celebration of this sacred
day...

	THE TWELVE DAYS OF KATEMAS

	On the first day of Katemas my true love gave to me a long
	kiss with a little gold key.

	On the second day of Katemas my true love gave to me two "Big
	Sky" picture disks and a long kiss with a little gold key.

	... etc. ...

	On the twelfth day of Katemas my true love gave to me

		12 still-suits distilling
		11 dancers dancing
		10 pipers piping
		 9 drum machines drumming
		 8 bongoers bongoing
		 7 Fairlights sampling
		 6 digerdooers 'a digerdoodling
		 5 Leeeeeeeooooooootaaaaarrrrrrrds
		 4 videos
		 3 gaffers' tape
		 2 "Big Sky" picture disks

		and a long kiss with a little gold key.

-Doug

"And then one day you find, ten years have got behind you"