Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Capital and Mob city radio

From: James B Hofmann <hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 86 9:09:14 EDT
Subject: Re: Capital and Mob city radio

Re:  Radio stations in the Balt/Wash area (sorry to non-regional folks,
     I'll keep it short).

	Sue's dead on about WHFS.   Their worst programming occurs around the
peak hours and their best programming is late at night and weekends (J.B. and
some funkster guy (he mixes LL with Kate) are worth staying up for)

	As for WCVT (89.7), I think they generally receive a bum rap from
WJHUers so I'll vouch for them.  Their Friday afteroon-evening lineup is great
if you want to know what is going on in the area (included are clubs that
can't afford the high prices for a listing on WHFS) and caps it with a
local only show so one can get an idea of what the area has to offer in
way of music.  Their signal is alot stronger than Sue implied.  On a clear
day, I've recieved it as far north as Aberdeen and I've driven down to
Laurel, MD (outskirts of D.C.) with it still coming in clear.  If you've
got a high-gain antenna and live around DC, I'm sure you should be able
to pick it up.  Let me know if you do.

					enough regional drivel,

					love and bondage - jim h.