Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

cd's, msic.

From: think!caip!unirot!fidelis
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 86 03:27:51 edt
Subject: cd's, msic.

Anyone know if any material by TONES ON TAIL is on CD?  I just bought a CD
player...and I need CD's to play on it!  So far I've only got: KILLING JOKE:
'Night Time', CABARET VOLTAIRE: 'The Covenant, The Sword and the Arm of God',
and PROPAGANDA: 'A Secret Wish'...  I'm not really a Kate fan..(sorry Doug!)
but I wouldn't mind CD recommendations.

And...*why* is IED (or wotevuh) bitchin' about people writing stuff unrelated
to Kate to this digest?!?!  I thought this digest was for *ANYTHING*. or am I
wrong?

To whoever asked who did "We Care a Lot"...the group is FAITH NO MORE.

ABout CD's again...where (in the New York/ New Jersey area) can I find a
good selection of CD's?  (TOWER RECORDS has nothing interesting - either
didn't ever have it, or sold out)

ART OF NOISE video for 'Paranoimia" has Max Headroom (or whatever  his name is)
in it...  the British version of the 'CLose to the Edit' video is also great.
(they aren't as boring as 'Legs' or 'Moments in Love')  I also saw a live
video of Peter Gunn...interesting...they had PEOPLE!  Tho' I don't know why
they didn't just use a synth in place of Duane Eddy.  THere were three females
doing the vocals - fed through a synth...two percussionists...and the two people
in the Art of Noise.  It wasn't bad at all.....*sigh* and they played the Ritz
a few days ago.  Oh well.

Anyway, I think PiL is hitting Jersey soon...

"this is for when your flesh creeps and never comes back..."
...caip!unirot!fidelis