Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KaTchall

From: IED0DXM%UCLAMVS.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 86 16:18 PDT
Subject: KaTchall

>    Also -  I do believe that the guitar Greg doesn't like on "Not this
>Time" is actually synthesizer. I'm not positive, but it sure sounds like
>one to me.

This is hard to believe (although an attractive idea). To these ears
there's little doubt that it's an electric guitar, albeit with a
distorted sound. If you're sure it's a guitar synth sound, could you
cite some other recording with a similar synthetic guitar sound?
Very interested.

>> IED would like to ask one thing,
>>however: WHY? WHY would you want to discuss
>>OTHER music than Kate's?

>Because this is a much better environment to discuss alternative music
>than the hostile net.music, filled with Rush and Broooce fans.  Of
>course, we are all tied together by our common love for the great Kate,
>and everybody contributes Katenews and views, which just proves our
>common good taste!

O.K. Never having read any other co-operative but L-Hs, IED was ignorant
of the taste of net.music fans. Thanks for clarifying the issue.
In these circumstances, so far as IE is concerned, may the floor
remain wide open, with the sole stipulation that Springsteen, Rush et
al. enter into these proceedings when hell has thoroughly frozen over.
After all, one has to draw a line somewhere.

Incidentally, there has never been any secret that IED0DXM is
Andrew Marvick, who is having fun withd a pseudonymous anagram.
Yes, it is silly.

Get the following for irony: Kate's "video" for "RUTH" has
passed into the semi-finals for MTV's annual award for "best
video by a female performer", or whatever. The joke is that
MTV NEVER SHOWED the official promotional film, only the Wogan
Show lip-synch performance.

While on vacation in the Dairyland (Wisconsin, to be precise),
IED met two people who noticed his KT t-shirt (the new U.S. one
with the rainbow-colored print of the HoL cover). One felt she
should fill him in on the details of Kate's career. "She was
discovered by Peter Gabriel, you know." The other had this to
tell him:  "Woh, dude. Kate Bush, right? Woh. I don't like her
album {this presumably a reference to Kate Bush's FIFTH album}.
It's all about a girlfriend of hers who died of a heroin overdose.
Rully self-indulgent. Hey, but she does a rull sweet job on "Don't
Give Up", though. Woh, dude, rad, etc., etc., etc...."
This experience is related to emphasize the results of acquiring
a high profile in our homeland.