Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Creation Records Compilation

From: think!caip!unirot!fidelis
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 86 00:18:54 edt
Subject: Creation Records Compilation

There's a compilation album called "I Love the Smell of Napalm"...
mfg. and dist. in the U.S. by Rough Trade.  It is a compilation of
various singles on the Creation label.  SUch as The Jasmine Minks,
Slaughter Joe, Meat Whiplash, The Bodines, and more.

It is actually pretty good...considering most other compilations are
rather poor. (I don't know why this was under hardcore at the record store
either - I thought the people there knew their music).

Slaughter Joe is the guy that produced Jesus and the Mary Chain, tho' he
is rather pathetic...  Meat Whiplash is another group produced by him...
they *try* to sound like JaMC - two droning, screaming guitars, simple
bass line, two piece drum set...but the vocals suck, and they can't even
make some kind of melody out of two chords...

A song by the Weather Prophets is kinda cool...semi-60'ish.  While a
group called Revolving Paint Dream plays stereotypical psychedelia - slightly
amusing.

The other groups featured are: Biff Bang Pow!, and Primal Scream...

CHameleon's new single is very good.  Tho' it is on Geffen Records now.
(Did MCA drop them?)  It has the usual drawn cover...but inside are..
*gasp*...PHOTOS of them...at least the music doesn't sound like they sold out.
ANyway, it includes a free single, which contains "Swamp Thing" and "Inside out"
Which are rather good!  Normally, free singles have terrible stuff on them.
The material sounds like their las album, except polished up a bit more (maybe
just a better recording studio).  SIngle is called "Tears" b/w "Paradiso"

"This is for when your flesh creeps and never comes back..."
...caip!unirot!fidelis
(Usenet is great...but Love-Hounds comes so late, and sometimes we miss some
issues! BLEH!)