Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Dr. Sue answers your questions

From: Susanne E Trowbridge <seismo!umcp-cs!jhunix!ins_aset>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 86 9:15:08 EDT
Subject: Dr. Sue answers your questions

>						jimboy

>p.s.  Sue - cool Swans review.  Now if only I could find de damn vinyl.

Thank ya.  Try Joe's Record Paradise in Silver Spring, or even Music
Machine in Pikesville -- they might be able to special order it if it's
not in stock.

>Subject: capital radio

>sorry to bother all you love-hounds out there that don't live in the
>d.c./maryland/virginia area, but i recently moved out here from oregon
>and am searching for one or more decent radio stations.

>dsc

If you can't pick up WJHU (Baltimore, 88.1), WMUC (College Park, 88.1)
or WCVT (Towson, 89, 90, somewhere around there), try WHFS (Annapolis,
99.1).  The first three are non-commercial college stations, but as is
the case with such, the wattage tends to be a bit on the low side.
WHFS plays lots of commercial nu-wave.  Be sure to ignore it on weekday
mornings and afternoons from about 10 am - 5 pm, when the brain-damaged
(seriously, he is!) Damien, the son of WHFS's owner, and the moronic
Weasel are on the air.  Other than that, there are some decent DJs.  But
during Damien and Weasel's shows, you'd be better of listening to 98
Rock...

>Opening band sucked donkey dicks. I can't remember their name, but
>they do that stupid semi-rap song "We Care Alot" that I had the
>misfortune of hearing the night after seeing PiL at Club DNA in SF.
>Anybody know who these clowns are so I can be sure to miss them next
>time?

Faith No More.

> IED would like to ask one thing,
>however: WHY? WHY would you want to discuss
>OTHER music than Kate's?

Because this is a much better environment to discuss alternative music
than the hostile net.music, filled with Rush and Broooce fans.  Of
course, we are all tied together by our common love for the great Kate,
and everybody contributes Katenews and views, which just proves our
common good taste!