Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate on video

From: Susanne E Trowbridge <umcp-cs!jhunix!ins_aset@seismo.CSS.GOV>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 86 9:20:50 EDT
Subject: Kate on video

A small correction, Doug: you said that both of Kate's videos are in
Britain's video top ten.  Actually, I saw three for sale -- The Singles
File, Hair of the Hound (the new one), and Live at the Hammersmith
(the same one Night Flight has repeated several times).

Strange pair: Whilst on vacation, I picked up some bootleg cassettes
at a market, including one with the Cocteau Twins live on one side and
Red Lorry Yellow Lorry live on the other!!!  Probably not many people
who like both those bands as much as I do...'Mazingly enough, I didn't
get ripped off with any of the cassettes I bought, unlike the people
I was staying with, who bought a horrible tape of We've Got A Fuzzbox
and We're Gonna Use It live.  Caveat emptor.  They do a version of
"Spirit in the Sky" which is much groovier than Doctor and the Medics',
though.

	"Goin' up to the Spirit in the Sky
 	 That's where I'm gonna go, when I die
	 When I die and I lay me to rest
	 Gonna go to the place that's the best..."

-Sue