Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "Don't Give Up"

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 86 04:35:41 EDT
Subject: Re: "Don't Give Up"

> [Shelli:] I'd just like to take this opportunity, as the person on
> this list who usually loves the "pop"-type songs, to say that I
> *hate* "Don't Give Up" with a passion.  It's even worse than the
> run-of-the-mill Lionel Richie/Diana Ross duet.

> Ick.

I'd like to take this opportunity, as a person on this list who has no
particular love for the typical "pop"-type songs in the world, to say
that "Don't Give Up" isn't all that bad.  In fact, it's pretty okay.
It's sort of a country/western-gospelly like number, which definitely
isn't my genre, but I like it any way.  It's nothing great, but it's
definitely worth listening to: orders of magnitude better than Lionel
Richie/Diana Ross crap, and significantly better arranged than "Not
This Time".

		 	-Doug

"What chance do I have, being here
 Put an end, put an end, put an end