Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TH(?) and oldness

From: "ROSSI J.A." <rossi@nusc.ARPA>
Date: 3 Jul 86 15:49:00 PST
Subject: TH(?) and oldness

I doubt that your age has anything to do with my lack of understanding
of 'TH'.  If you want to use an acronym, you should define it first.  In
this journal, certain acronyms are taken for granted because of the nature
of the digest (e.g. KB, HoL, TD, RuTH, etc), since this is suposed to be
a Kate Bush forum.  If everyone staerted using acronyms olf their own
choosing when talking about something, it would bve a probabil,ity game in
deciding bwho knew what (ort who) they were talking about.  For example,
TH (could equally be The Hour) as well as Talking Heads.  Anyway, Talking
Heads wern't worth listeniong to before Eno broadened their musical style
so that it came outy of teenybopper syndrome, anyway.  As for age, I think
that \i was peaking while getting hammered by the Berlin people at that
time.

'Only Time Can Close the Door'
John
------