Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

!Flame on!

From: LoveCat%UMass.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU (Fidelis E. Orozco)
Date: Mon, 12 May 86 14:00:31 EDT
Subject: !Flame on!

I did use to be into the american underground scene, until I noticed
how all thrash groups were extremely untalented and/or sounded the same.
This also goes for the 60's type-garage bands and the like.
So you can't possibly say that all I listen to is "trendy" music...
considering I did think of all english music as trendy...but at least
it WAS music, and a lot more listenable and enjoyable.

I could care less how they look!  And I don't read NME...so don't give me
any shit about liking a group for how they look like.

If you ask me... The American underground scene is what IS TRENDY.
and so are you...

I am just sick and tired of people saying they are so cool because they
listen to ass-kickin' American bands... unlike "euro-fag bands" sheesh! :-)

AT least I don't have to prove anything... I just like what I like...

My current faves are: Art of Noise, Tones on Tail, The Chills, Jesus
and the Mary Chain, etc... and I like them for their sound, not because
I think they look neat or anything.

Have YOU subscribed to the Black Flag record-of-the-month yet?
(admit it...black flag is putting out pure crap right now)

Fidelis Orozco
ART397LAC%UMASS@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA
LoveCat%UMASS.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU