Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Admit your roots ...

From: Atomic Punk <hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA>
Date: Mon, 12 May 86 11:34:14 EDT
Subject: Admit your roots ...

Amercian underground?

Sorry, lovecat but that's all I'll listen to.  As for being sooo boring,
I guess they need a haircut and an nice color spread in NME to catch
your attention, no?  I'm a bigot for american rock and I'll admit it!

I think all this bias AGAINST certain bands because they're from a CERTAIN
country is wrong and you are way off base, Lovecat ... BUT ... if I hear
one more whiney, insipid, English haircut I swar I'm gonna lop their balls
off (if they haven't done it already).

Great American bands (off the top of my head) ...
Sonic Youth
Butthole Surfers
Great Plains
Soul Asylum
Husker Du
Black Flag
Anti-Scrunti FAction
Sarcastic Orgasm
Lil Gents
Executive Slacks
Gone

If you can't admit your roots and would rather go whine in Europe with
a bunch of snotty haircuts, lovecat, be my guest  ...

more American bands ...
Circle Jerks
Marginal Man
Tex and the Horseheads
SamHain
Beefeater
Frightwig
Adrenaline O.D.
Green River
ANYTHING on Dischord

etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

Now here's the only English bands worth the trip over the
Atlantic to play for humans ... not wavos....

UK SUBS
Robyn and the Egyptians
Billy Bragg
DISCHARGE
BROK N BONES
Cocteau Twins (at least a couple years ago ...)
----
Ok, I'll admit the English wankers are GREAT about making commercial
music and calling it "progressive" .... I mean you remember the
Smiths don't you???

"I am human and I neeeeeed to be llaaalaaaavoeeed, just like anyone else" -

					{ gag, spit, puke }

Or what about the Jesus Mary Chain? .... oh you probably liked Wankie
Goes to Hollywood (the only good tunes they did were covers of American
artists by the way ...)

I suggest Mr Lovecat before you do the trendy putdowns of thrash that
you get into the pit or at least go to a live show where the English
whining is not present.  Maybe you'd stop calling yourself Lovecat?

Wanker...

At least you admit you are a wimp, though.