Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

SO

From: think!harvard!uwvax!astroatc!gtaylor (The Rev. Thinning Weasel Foliage)
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 86 08:49:50 cdt
Subject: SO

In article <1781@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU> you write:

>Newsflash: The cassette and CD of *SO* will have a track not on the
>album.  It is with Laurie Anderson and called "This Is The Picture".
>Sounds awfully a lot like an alternate version of "Excellent Birds"...

I'm sure that in short order we'll be saying that SO is short for
"Sell Out".... You might, anyway.

"This is the Picture" *is* the same tune as "Excellent Birds". It was
a mix taken from a live transcontinental television program broadcase
on January 1st 1984, called "Good Morning, Mr. Orwell".  Lots of artists
and so forth-the only time I ever saw the late Joseph Beuys on television.
if (Madonna rules) then
	you're not doing your job
endif
"And all the seven heavens showed to me/their magnitudes, their speeds,
the distances/of each from each. The little threshing floor/that so
incites our savagery was all-/from hills to river mouths-revealed
to me..." Dante, Paradiso (XX I,148-152) Gregory Taylor (gtaylor@astroatc)