Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

the DM/DD connection

From: Susanne E Trowbridge <umcp-cs!jhunix!ins_aset@seismo.CSS.GOV>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 86 15:33:18 EDT
Subject: the DM/DD connection

Ridiculous.  Dave Gahan and Simon LeBon have very dissimilar voices.
Simon has a habit of whining, and Dave's voice can be a lot more
subtle and certainly more pleasant.  I used to like DD, but it seems
to me that Simon's voice has gotten worse and worse lately.  I even
liked "Election Day" by Arcadia, and not just because it had Roxy
Music people on it.  "Black Celebration" is great.  And for the person
who asked, "Catching Up" is definitely worthwhile if you don't have
very much early DM.  It's got all the singles -- "New Life," "Dreaming
Of Me," "Get The Balance Right," etc.  Somebody else asked about
the first DD album.  It shouldn't be that hard to find, as it was
reissued when "Rio" was a hit.

(For those who joined us late, I'd better add that DD=Duran Duran
and DM=Depeche Mode)

Scraping Foetus Off The Wheel cancelled his Washington show.  Boy
was I mad.  All the way down to Washington, and for what?!  Feh!

-Sue