Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

malicious accusations!

From: Ranter cum Barbarian <hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 86 12:07:20 EST
Subject: malicious accusations!

Well, not really but now that I've got your attention ...

Re:  Ginn
Timbo writes::::
>night.  I myself though it was great, especially after picking up some
>guitar tips from Ginn.  This guy could run rings around people like Page
>and such.  There 'Gone' Album ("Why Don't we Get Real Gone for a

hey, just listen to Rise Above on Damaged and ANY fool can tell that this is
true.  Ginn tho' cites Page as an "influence" ... bad or good, I dunno.

>Ginn: "Yea, stay home and avoid the trendy rush. People get too wierd
>when they hang out at 9:30 too long."

hmmmmm.... take that!  trendoids and wavos!!!

---------------
Subject: Where can I go, Where can I turn ?

>At the end of the month I'll be going on a business trip which will take
>me to Philadelphia, Washington, and further south in VA.  Can anyone
>suggest appropriate radio stations for coverage of my trip from South-
>Eastern CT.

for the Havre De Grace to Washington jaunt:::
When you hit the Susquenhanna, you tune to 99.1 WHFS.  After about 30 minutes
you'll hit the Baltimore Tunnel expressway.  Take the I 95 tunnel but first
tune to 89.1 WCVT.  The nice thing about this new tunnel is the station
stays in tune all the way through!  Yow! Talk 'bout technology.  You may
also wanna try WJHU around 88 and you may hear a fellow hound broadcasting
some PiL (Hey, Sue - I saw your name on the guestlist at the Fetch N Bones
show, where were ya?)
AFter that fades yer back to HFS.  When you get near DC, tune in for WMUC down
on the lower end of the FM scale.  Of course, always keep your ears tuned
for bootleg stations.  I've heard one or two week signals emanating from
around 88.   shhhhhhhhh.