Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KB news

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 86 06:17:42 EST
Subject: KB news

I went away for the weekend, and when I came back there was an
incredible amount of international mail in my mailbox.  The latest
of Kate's semiannual newsletters was there.  A newsflash from
*Homeground* was there.  And a pile of poetry by John Carder Bush was
there.

The *Homeground* newsflash:

	The Big Sky
	-----------

	Kate's next single THE BIG SKY will be  in the shops on the
	28th April.  The 7" (KB4) will have a remix of THE BIG SKY
	for the A-side, and a new song NOT THIS TIME on the B-side.
	The 12" (12KB4) will feature  a *ten minute* remix of THE BIG
	SKY plus  NOT THIS TIME and THE MORNING FOG.

	It's now up to all of  us to push this single into the Top
	Ten, so get to work -- HUP  HUP!!

	Other News
	----------

	We can now bring you more details of  the Kate and Peter
	Gabriel duet we told you about in HOMEGROUND 22.  The song is
	called *Don't Give Up*, and is a track from the new Peter
	Gabriel album called SO, due out in May.

	The song is a haunting ballad that will send a shiver up your
	spine.  It is possible that the song will be either the second
	or third single off the Gabriel album, following the debut
	single *Sledgehammer* out this week.

	We're sorry we couldn't let you all know the details of Kate's
	part in the Comic Releif shows, but everything happened so
	fast.  In fact Kate performed BREATHING live (very live in
	fact) and also performed a comic duet with Rowan Atkinson.
	The highlights from the shows can be seen on BBC1 on 25th
	April -- but we don't know how far Kate will feature in this.
	A live LP of the shows is also scheduled for release by WEA
	shortly after.

Kate says in her newsletter:

	The visits to America and Canada were lots of fun, everyone
	seemed so positive about  this album --  it is so nice to
	think people in different parts of the world are listening to
	ideas you might have had in the bath!

	The difference in the attitudes ofthe journalists was very
	apparent  --  a lot  of the interviews were conversational and
	their enthusiasm, endless.  We did one in-store appearance in
	New York and it was a very moving experience.  There were so
	many people there that they went around the corner of the
	street, everyone was so considerate and well behaved that even
	the New York police commented on how unusual this was.  It was
	wonderful to meet you all and we were very taken by warmth and
	all the presents you gave --  thank you.

Notes from her newsletter:

	We would like to point out the label credit for "The Handsome
	Cabin Boy"  should read "Traditional song, arranged by Bush"
	not as written which puts Kate as the composer!

	Kate's brother John has been working for some time on a
	special edition fine-art photobook of Kate using photographs
	taken by him when she was a child.  This  is now  finished and
	should be available by late Spring of this year through the
	KBC.  For information and details please send a stamped
	addressed envelope [for those of us in the U.S. send two
	international reply coupons instead -- Doug] to the KBC [Kate
	Bush Club] marking the back of the envelope you are posting
	"Kindlight".  This special edition will only be available by
	post.

The address of the Kate Bush Club is:

	K.B.C.
	P.O. Box 120