Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Eno, Jesus & Mary Chain / Scritti Politti

From: Joe Turner <cutter%umass-boston.csnet@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 86 05:33:15 est
Subject: Eno, Jesus & Mary Chain / Scritti Politti

"The Lion Sleeps Tonight" isn't on _More_Blank_Than_Frank_ - I checked the
album before I wrote. (MBtF, btw, is an album of Eno's good stuff off of
_Here_Come_the_Warm_Jets_, _Taking_Tiger_Mountain_, _Another_Green_World_,
and _Before_And_After_Science_. _BaAS_ is my personal favorite, and I'm glad
that Eno chose to include "King's Lead Hat" foe _MBtF_. The album goes along
with a new book about Eno's lyrics.)

Watching the USA cable network's show "Night Flight" this morning, they had
a section entitled "New Sounds from Britain", wherein they showed new videos
from Simply Red, Talk Talk, Virginia Wolf, Scritti Politti, and the Jesus
and Mary Chain. The Simply Red and Virginia Wolf vids were blah and boring,
while the Talk Talk vid was actually pretty good. The Scritti vid, however,
was incredible! Much better than the lame vid for "Perfect Way", "Wood Beez"
is directed by an arty French film director (first two initials are J. B.)
and is actually visually interesting; it has nothing to do with the song,
however. The J&MC video, for "You Trip Me Up", has them cavorting around the
sea-side, and is much better than "Just Like Honey".

				Save your parity bits for big cash prizes!
						Joe

PAPER: Joe Turner, 329 Ward Street, Newton Centre MA 02159
SOUND WAVES: (617)/969-5993
CSNET: cutter@umass-boston.csnet
ARPA : umb!cutter@csnet-relay.arpa
UUCP : {decvax,ima,linus,sri-unix}!cca!ringwld!cutter

PS ----- Does anyone have any reccomendations about the Scritti album
         _Songs_to_Remember_?