Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Drugs

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 86 04:53:32 EST
Subject: Drugs

> Drugs: Since when has talking about drugs been acceptable?

Since the day Kate Bush admitted to doing them.

Not to mention that George Washington ran a Marijuana farm.  And that
the Yanamamo Indians use hallucinogens to commune with their gods on a
regular basis, etc.

> I don't care if people have incredible religious experiences while
> tripping, I just don't like being told that I'm pond scum if I don't
> listen to music while on drugs or see concerts while on drugs.

Don't worry about it too much -- we're all pond scum.  And take
whatever Tim W says with a couple grains of salt -- he strives to be
offensive.  Just keep in mind that we're all Bozos on this bus.

> This list is about MUSIC, not drugs.

Actually, I think the description of the mailing list reads "This is a
mailing list for the discussion of Kate Bush's music (and any other
artistic music or anything else for that matter)", which leaves it
pretty much open.

If someone feels that being in an non-standard state of mind enhances
their enjoyment of some music, then that's their opinion.  I see no
reason to get all upset about it.  You certainly don't have to feel
compelled listen to the music that way, just as you don't have to feel
compelled to listen to music with headphones, which is my preferred
way.

> In fact, my mother (who just walked in as I'm listening to said song
> and typing this) would not talk to me until the song was over - she
> was too busy dancing to it!!! She's weird, tho.  Hell, she went to
> see Yes with my brother and I...

Oh, yeah!  Well my mother took me to see Led Zeppelin.  And I didn't
even know who they were at the time.  And everyone around us was
smoking pot.  But mum didn't bring any for us.

		"Like poppies, heavy with seed"

		 Doug