Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: in a state of complete and utter shock...

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 86 19:43:33 EST
Subject: Re: in a state of complete and utter shock...

> From: Joelll

> This morning, just as I was finishing slicing 36 or so heads of
> lettuce, I suddenly noticed that good old SRS wasn't playing one of
> our favorite melodies of yesterday and today, and instead was
> playing the first cut off of *The Kick Inside*...I nearly got fired
> for standing there and listening instead of cleaning shrimp, like I
> was supposed to...

I'm told that "The Man With The Child In His Eyes" has for a long time
been a song not too uncommon to hear on "Beautiful Music" stations.
I'm not sure whether this is a good or bad thing....

In any case, maybe it's a good thing they don't play more good music
where you work.  You wouldn't want to get fired, would you?

			"I hear her before I go to sleep
			 And focus on the day that's been"

		         Doug