Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

in a state of complete and utter shock...

From: Joelll%UMass.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU (Atrocity Joelll)
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 86 21:18:44 EST
Subject: in a state of complete and utter shock...

(yah, that's right, another weird anecdote)
I work at a restaurant called 'Mr. Steak' in Northampton (Mass), much
to my annoyance. One of the things I hate the most is the readio station
that they play through a mickey-mouse sound system all over the rest-
aurant, including the kitchen: WSRS, "your favorite melodies of yester-
day and today". Their format is utterly vile, consisting of a mix of
muzak renditions of 70's mellow-rock and songs like Blue Bayou and
My Eyes Adored You...absolutely putrid...(!)

This morning, just as I was finishing slicing 36 or so heads of lettuce,
I suddenly noticed that good old SRS wasn't playing one of our favorite
melodies of yesterday and today, and instead was playing the first cut
off of *The Kick Inside*...I nearly got fired for standing there and
listening instead of cleaning shrimp, like I was supposed to...

She's EVERYWHERE!!!

joelll