Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Fripp, Crimson, and Eros

From: Mark Woodruff <WOODRUFF%UCF1VM.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1986 18:56 EST
Subject: Fripp, Crimson, and Eros

Tim Wicinski <wicinski@nrl-css.ARPA>:
>Ectacsy [sic] is for wimps, yuppies, and geeks.  Do real drugs instead.
>If you really want to get off, do real chemicals.

Like what?  Don't suggest heroin; you simply can't find it down here.

>If robert fripp said that, you can be assured he meant it.  He is one of
>the few people I;ve talked to, besides gtaylor, who talks in a very
>consice (.I'm getting sic of this.) fashion with few spurious words, or
>stupid trite talk.

Who is gtaylor?

From: Rossi J.A. <rossie@nusc.ARPA>
>Furthermore, hasn't the 'new' crimson also done a track called Starless
>and Bible Black II or something on the second or third album.

Crimson did a third part of "Larks Tongues in Aspic" on their "Three of a
Perfect Pair".  I haven't heard it yet.

Re: erotic music

The sax solo on "Ladies of the Road" (also by Crimson) pretty much defines
"bump 'n' grind" in my opinion, but I don't think that was quite what you
had in mind.  My suggestion would be the first "Sade" album.

Regardez de Blanc and other meaningless French phrases,
Mark