Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Movies and music

From: FULIGIN%UMass.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU (Peter E. Lee)
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 86 15:45:28 EST
Subject: Movies and music

Some wierd movies that I have seen :

          The Amazing World Of Ghosts : I saw this at 2:00 on a Tuesday morning
 on a local TV station.  It flips wildly between absurd topics ("A medium is
 seen here excreting ectoplasm from his mouth.  In Japan, people honour their
 dead.", shows pictures which bear no relationship to what is being spoken
 about, and makes absolutely ludicrous statements ("Some people believe that
 center of the sun is very hot.")  The two friends I saw this with and I
 nearly split our sides laughing.  Anyone know anything about how I could
 get a copy on video?

          The Bed-Sitting Room : A post-holocaust comedy featuring Peter Cook
 Dudley Moore, Spike Milligan, and Marty Feldman, among others.  The title
 refers to main character who is mutating into a fully furnished room.
 Decidedly bizzarre.  (I've seen it twice, and it still disorients me).

          The 5000 fingers of Dr. T. : A 1950's, live-action (!) Dr. Suess
 musical.  This film makes Brazil seem down-to-earth (although Brazil is, of
 course,  a better film).

          The Phantom Of The Paradise : A modern re-telling of the Faust
 legend, set as a rock & roll musical featuring Paul Williams as the villain.

                                 -Peter E. Lee

---
   "You broke the code, but not the spell..." - Bill Nelson, "Wildest Dreams"