Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

re: Marianne Faithful; PG II

From: hall%beta.DEC@decwrl.DEC.COM
Date: Thursday, 27 Mar 1986 12:58:28-PST
Subject: re: Marianne Faithful; PG II

>Really-From: tsung@aerospace.ARPA

>I got a used copy of PG II (I think, opens with "On the Air"), and my
>semi-automatic turntable would intelligently lift up the stylus and
>return before the last song on side A is completely over!  Do I just
>have a bad copy or what?  Has this kind of thing happened to any of you?

>			 Fu-Sheng

You mean the end of White Shadow, I think it's called?  Yup, happens to me.
I thought it was done intentionally.  I'm pretty certain the cassette just runs
on to the next tune without a gap.  I have a MOEV album that never ends - the
last groove spirals back into itself, and the music is a spacey repetitive riff
so you don't even notice at first.  I also seem to recall a James Gang album
that kept repeating "Turn me over" after the last tune, side 1?

-Dan, click!, -Dan, click! -Dan, click!, -Dan, click! -Dan, click!, -Dan, click!