Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

XTC news

From: FULIGIN%UMass.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU (Peter E. Lee)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 86 14:51:40 EST
Subject: XTC news

It's official.  According to the March 1986 issue of 'The Little Express'
(the canadian XTC fan-club newsletter), Todd Rundgren has been chosen to
produce the next XTC album.  The band is due to start recording sometime
in April, and no release date has yet been set.  The band was originally
thinking about Hugh Padham (though they found him to be too expensive) or
Steve Nye (who they found too be too meticulous/slow), but, perhaps because
he's american and Geffen wants the band to break through over here, or
just because he's an XTC fan and a studio wizard (a true star), Rundgren
will take the honours.  It should be one interesting album!

                                  -Peter Lee

---
     "Now I've come down with fever;
      The doctor says he's mystified.
      He thinks I've taken poison,
      But all I swallowed was my pride..."    - Peter Blegvad, "Karen"