Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

pet shop boys info

From: Susanne E Trowbridge <umcp-cs!jhunix!ins_aset@seismo.CSS.GOV>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 86 12:17:25 EST
Subject: pet shop boys info

To the person who asked for information about the Pet Shop Boys--

They have three 12" singles out -- "Opportunities," "West End Girls"
and (the latest) "Love Comes Quickly".  Only "WEG" is available
domestically, though.  It's also the best.  They have an LP due out
any day now, "Please."

Neil Tennant, the Boys' lead singer, is a former rock journalist
who wrote for the British teenmag, "Smash Hits" (the UK version of
"Star Hits" -- ugh).

The The have nothing scheduled for release, as far as I know.  The
track you may have heard was "Flesh and Blood" from the Some
Bizarre Records compilation, "If You Can't Please Yourself You
Can't Please Your Soul".  (oops -- I think it's "Flesh and Bones"
actually)  Matt Johnson, who pretty much *is* The The, has a pre-TT
solo album out, "Burning Blue Soul."  It was recently rereleased
on 4AD, so it's not hard to find as an import.  It's an, uh,
interesting record...haven't quite warmed to it yet, but maybe if
I listen to it enough...:-)

-Sue