Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Answers to some questions

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 86 12:32:01 EST
Subject: Answers to some questions

> From: tsung@aerospace.ARPA

> 1) What's "paisley underground"?

It's like Prince or The Bangles or The Three O'Clock, etc., pretending
to do 60's psychedelic pop, though rarely sounding very psychedelic
(the The Three O'Clock manage every now and then.)

2) What is the Novello award?

I dunno.  Some British music writing award, I suppose.  It sounded
like the sort of thing that is given out by a society of song writers,
but that's just a wild guess.

> 3) Doug, where did you get that line with the Montana dental floss??

It's from KB's favorite Frank Zappa song "Montanna".

			"Making love to a vampire with a monkey
			 on my knee"

			 Doug