Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds digest

From: nusbaum@utah-cs.arpa (James Nusbaum)
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 86 13:37:17 MST
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds digest
Newsgroups: mod.music

If anyone gets a chance to see Shriekback live, I highly recommend it.
I saw them here in SLC about 5 months ago and they were HOT!  I wasn't
really all that familiar with their music but they put on a wild show
and the female lead guitarist (sorry I don't know her name) was really
great.  Other shows which I have seen in SLC recently include:

the Damned - they were allright but they made a very twisted crowd
	wait for about 1 1/2 hours for a pretty lame performance.
Oingo Boingo and Wall of Voodoo - Oingo was good as ever and I was
	really glad to see that WoV can still crank without Stan.

Lloyd Cole and the Commotions (correct spelling?) are going to be here
soon.  Anyone know what their live show is like?

What's this prejudice against slamming that keeps coming out in some
letters?  At the right place and time, i.e. a hardcore show by Black
Flag, the Descendants, Diatribe or a band of your choice, slamming
is what you should be doing.  Just because you may to too old and
wasted to get into it doesn't mean you have to bad mouth it.  If you
can't stand the slam, don't see the band.

How 'bout some more response from people who aren't in DC, Boston or
(ugh) California.  The midwest and South are putting out some great
music by people like Big Black, Bloodsport, Effigies and others.  I
think these bands are from the midwest, that's where their addresses
are and thats where I've heard they are from.  If they're not, feel
free to yell at me.

Anyway you should all be listening to reggae anyway.  May 11th is
Bob Marley Day.

Jim Nusbaum
Behind the Zion Curtain