Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: weird movies

From: seismo!bdmrrr!potomac!jsl (John Labovitz)
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 86 11:15:40 EDT
Subject: Re: weird movies

For the last few days, I've been trying to think of movies that would
qualify as `weird.'  I knew I'd seen some in addition to the original list,
but I couldn't remember.  But here ya go...

``Even Dwarfs Started Small'' (Werner Herzog) -- The residents of a mental
	asylum, all midgets, revolt and trash the place.  Everything is
	horrifying here -- torturing the monkeys and chickens, blowing
	things up, setting fire to people.  The scariest scene I've ever had
	the pleasure of watching is the oldest midget sitting on top of a
	motorcycle, revving the engine, and laughing -- for about 5
	minutes.  Guaranteed to ..  uh .. do something to you.

``Sweet Movie'' -- I don't really know what the plot is.  Something about a
	bunch of people who do bizarre things and then some of them get
	aboard a commune ship going around the world.  And then someone
	drowns while masturbating in a large vat of chocolate.  Damn bizarre.
	(Directed by the same guy who did ``Montenegro'' (one of my all-time
	favorites) and ``The Coca-Cola Kid.'')

If anyone's seen either of these, I'd like to get your opinions on them.

John Labovitz		..!{rlgvax,seismo}!bdmrrr!potomac!jsl
--
Don't act so embarrassed
It's a family trait