Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Bootleg City

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 86 15:46:49 EST
Subject: Re: Bootleg City

> From: CUTTER%UMass.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU

> Whilst perusing my local (sorta) record store, I noticed an
> interesting record in the Kate section - it was a 5 or 6 song album
> from the Kate Bush Fan Club of Taiwan. Badly printed cover (i.e.
> cardboard with a slip of paper held on by the plastic wrapping), it
> seems to be a live album featuring a coupla songs I didn't catch,
> tho' it *did* have "The Kick In- side" on it. Bizarro. Only $10,
> too. Anyone ever seen this thing anywhere else?

Yeah, it's one of the two common KB bootlegs.  But I think it has
quite a bit more than 5 or 6 songs.  It should also say "Kate Bush
Live in Paris '79" (or something like that) on it.  The fidelity isn't
so hot -- it was probably recorded on someone's handheld recorder.
But, it has a really wild version of "Egypt" on it that has bongo
drums, etc., and is totally different from what appears on "Never For
Ever".

If you ever see a bootleg tape of a complete concert anywhere, you
should definitely pick it up (the bootleg albums are extremely
edited), because there were all sorts of bizarre stuff inbetween songs
in the concert, including strange chants, spacy poetry reading, etc.
I have a tape of the concert Kate did with Peter Gabriel and Steve
Harley.  They all did "Let It Be" together, Peter did "The Woman With
The Child In Her Eyes", and Peter and Kate did together "I Don't
Remember".  (Her voice on this one is sure to make your dog commit
suicide.)

> Also, I understand the new Gabriel album is due in May and will be called
> "Good"...

"Good"???  Will it have a name in England?  What's the source of the
rumor?

Hey, do you know of any Peter Gabriel fanzines?  I sent away to one in
England, but I never got a response, so they must be defunct.

> I ran out and picked up "Hounds of Love", but I have a slight
> problem... when I attempted to make a tape copy for my walkperson, I
> discovered (much to my dismay) that the damn thing doesn't fit on a
> C90!! Has anyone tried and succeeded?? This is most annoying.

It's longer than 45 minutes.  Gee, you get more music for the money,
and complain!  I edited out a song from the HoL side, and put it on
the other side of the tape.

			"Don't fight it son.  Confess quickly.
			 If you hold out too long it might
			 jepordize your credit rating."