Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Bootleg City

From: CUTTER%UMass.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU (Local UMass address is Cutter@Mailer.CY175)
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 86 11:32:36 EST
Subject: Bootleg City

Whilst perusing my local (sorta) record store, I noticed an interesting
record in the Kate section - it was a 5 or 6 song album from the Kate
Bush Fan Club of Taiwan. Badly printed cover (i.e. cardboard with a slip
of paper held on by the plastic wrapping), it seems to be a live album
featuring a coupla songs I didn't catch, tho' it *did* have "The Kick In-
side" on it. Bizarro. Only $10, too. Anyone ever seen this thing anywhere
else?

Also, I understand the new Gabriel album is due in May and will be called
"Good"... oh yes, does anyone know anything about the double-album
bootleg "Peter Gabriel - The King of Rhythm"? It has lotsa old stuff on
it, like "Humdrum", "Moribund the Burgermeister", and stuff like that.

"Recent convert", indeed! I ran out and picked up "Hounds of Love", but I
have a slight problem... when I attempted to make a tape copy for my
walkperson, I discovered (much to my dismay) that the damn thing doesn't
fit on a C90!! Has anyone tried and succeeded?? This is most annoying.

                             Having a wonderful day in a one-way world,
                                               Joe
"We like to look 16 and bored shitless." - David Johanssen