Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

re: Phonetics and Shriekback

From: hall%beta.DEC@decwrl.DEC.COM (DAN HALL)
Date: Tuesday, 18 Mar 1986 07:50:43-PST
Subject: re: Phonetics and Shriekback

>>Really-From: nessus (Doug Alan)

>>Speaking of Shriekback, the lyrics to "Oil and Gold" on the lyric
>>sheet are written in some strange phonetic alphabet.  Does anyone know
>>where this particular phonetic alphabet came from or was it just
>>invented for the lyric sheet?

Don't know from whence it came.  I found that I can't just read it and figure
out what it says - I have to be listening and reading along.  I took the time
a few months back to listen and translate into English.  If anyone who owns the
record or tape (honor system here) would like the translated lyrics, I have them
on-line - just send me mail.

-Dan

"We are no monsters we're moral people
and if we have the strength to do this
this is the splendor of our achievement"
                                      --Nemesis
                                        _OIL AND GOLD_